[RCD] changing/enhancing the login form

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Fri Aug 12 20:28:33 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 13:43, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] <r.bhatia at ipax.at> wrote:
> hi!
>
> i have two things i would like to do with the login form:
>
> (1) i would like to display "E-Mail" instead of username. our username
> is the full email address - so it is easier to directly ask for that :)
>
> the only way i found to achieve this was to modify the
> .program/include/rcube_template.php, line 1101
>
>> $table->add('title', html::label('rcmloginuser', Q(rcube_label('mail'))));
>

> (2) i would like to add some information below the login box.
> of course, this is easily achieved by updating my specific skin.

As already mentioned in this thread, not all systems use a full email
address for logins. This seems like a clear case for a custom skin,
especially (2). I could imagine to add more arguments to the template
object to customize the label. That could look something like this:

<roundcube:label name="youremail" en_US="Your email address"
de_DE="Deine E-Mail-Adresse" noshow="true" />
<roundcube:object name="loginform" form="form" usernameLabel="youremail"  />

~Thomas