[RCD] Timezone setting

Roland Liebl roland at roland-liebl.de
Mon Dec 5 16:21:41 CET 2011

Hi Devs,

I'm currently implementing Timezone support in my calendar plugin.
I think this should be integrated with Roundcube Timezone settings.

Is there a special reason why you save only the offset and DST
in prefs?

This way I can't detect the appropriate Olson Timezone:
F.e.: America/Denver and America/Phoenix are both in GMT offset -07:00,
Denver use DST while Phoenix doesn't.

I really would like to see the Timezone selection list showing Olson
Timezone
identifiers [timezone_identifiers_list()].

This change would it make possible to detect DST automatically as well

$stz = date_default_timezone_get();
date_default_timezone_set( ... indentifier from config ...);
$is_dst(date('I', time());
date_default_timezone_set($stz);

Regards,
R.