[RCD] Upgrading the Roundcube License

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Dec 5 11:53:50 CET 2011

On 05.12.2011 11:30, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> it is not clear to me how a license that explicitly says it is okay not to
> contribute back would increase the numbers of contributions back to Roundcube.

It's possible: less protective lic. -> more users -> more contributions.
But of course it doesn't always work this way.

>>From our perspective as a commercial entity, we have contributed quite a bit
> of code for the 0.7 release, and might not have done that under a weaker
> license, as we prefer an even footing for all contributors.
>
> So we would likely not agree to a less protective or balanced license.

I think we're discussing GPL vs. AGPL now. It's impossible (or almost
impossible) to use other less protective license with current code base
(and developer base).

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak