[RCD] [RCU] Version 0.7 (stable) released

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Fri Dec 23 16:10:05 CET 2011

Arne Berglund wrote:
> On 12/22/11 11:16, Thomas Bruederli wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 16:23,  <list at airstreamcomm.net> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the lastest release.  We are curious what the time line
>>> for the
>>> new skin is going to be, and if you have any dates in mind for
>>> release?
>> We don't have a concrete deadline but I'd expect a first 0.8-alpha or
>> beta release with the new skin in early February. Then all the plugin
>> developers need some time to adapt their plugins to the new UI. And
>> of
>> course a lot of Internet Explorer Hacking will be necessary...
>>
>> ~Thomas
>
> Thomas, is the plan to completely replace the existing skin, or will
> both co-exist for a release or two? I don't imagine that anyone wants to
> maintain 2 skins for very long...

Then plan is to put the new skin in place of the "default" skin once it is
complete and tested while keeping the old default skin as "legacy" skin for
at least one major release. We'll most likley drop support for IE6 with the
new skin and old IEs will therefore get to see the legacy skin.

Of course, we're not keen on maintaining two skins in parallel so expect
the legacy skin to stay at the current state and being removed after a
while. But in case somebody is willing to "bring back the old design" and
to maintain the old skin, there's still a chance for it to survive the
armageddon.

Regards,
Thomas