[RCD] db maintenance when removing a mailbox

ben at electricembers.net ben at electricembers.net
Fri Feb 18 03:24:29 CET 2011

We use postfixadmin and have a mailbox_postdeletion_script which does the
job of "removing" the actual maildir (though we don't delete, we move it
aside for a couple of weeks, so we can help folks restore when they've
made mistakes.) That script also does some cleanup on the roundcubemail
database -- and I want to enhance it to similarly not actually delete
users roundcube data, but just mark the del columns -- Then we
can periodically use the roundcube/bin/cleandb.sh script to make the
removal permanent.

My question is, not all tables have the del column, like the root of all
tables: the users table. (Also the contactgroups table -- but it looks
like the cleandb.sh script might deal with that??) So what exactly is
recommend db maintenance when removing a mailbox?

I was looking at doing something like::::::

SELECT user_id FROM users WHERE username LIKE '$ARGV'
UPDATE identities SET del=1 WHERE user_id = '$user_id'
DELETE FROM cache WHERE user_id = '$user_id'
UPDATE contacts SET del=1 WHERE user_id = '$user_id'
UPDATE contactgroups SET del=1 WHERE user_id = '$user_id'
DELETE FROM messages WHERE user_id = '$user_id'

??DELETE FROM users WHERE username = '$ARGV' LIMIT 1??

This last line is where I get stuck because I don't really want to delete
it, but there is no del column to mark. . .

Any input much appreciated ;)

  Ben