[RCD] Fwd: Re: r4397

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Fri Jan 7 09:48:00 CET 2011

Here's my discussion with Thomas about r4397 change. What do you think?
Another example of this "issue" is when you move a lot of messages to
some folder and when you select other folder before the copying
finishes. It this case "Copying messages..." is replaced by "Loading..."
(before the copying finishes). So, I see two solutions:
1) revert the change
2) use "Loading..." everywhere instead of specific message like
"Copying..." etc.

A.L.E.C wrote:
> On Thu,  6 Jan 2011 07:49:06 -0600, trac at roundcube.net wrote:
>> Author: thomasb
>> Date: 2011-01-06 07:49:06 -0600 (Thu, 06 Jan 2011)
>> New Revision: 4397
>>    trunk/roundcubemail/program/js/app.js
>> Log:
>> Only display one loading message at once
>
> I fill this is wrong. For example, when you click "check recent" loading
> message with "checkingmail" label is displayed. Then, before this message
> disapears, open a message. This makes that "checkingmail" message is
> replaced by "loading" message. I'd like to see both. That's why the whole
> label was used as an index of this.messages hash.

I just made the experience that a confirmation message and two loading
messages cluttered my screen. From a user perspecitive it's important to
see all confirmations but if something is loading it's not necessarily
important to me what is loaded. I just need to know that there's something
going on and that I have to wait.

Not sure if my arguments can convice you, it's just my opinion...
Feel free to ask more people about this topic.

Greetings,
Thomas

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak