[RCD] minimum version requirements for plugins

Roland Liebl roland at roland-liebl.de
Sun Jul 17 11:54:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm very happy to see, there are thoughts about minimum
requirements for plugins.

My users db table preferences fields are meanwhile a mess.
Plugins write preferences which result in dead entries
if the plugin is uninstalled.

Writing preferences into this field should be only allowed
if the plugin provides informations what's written into this field.

Furthermore a plugin should have an enabled/disabled flag.
If disabled, it should remove those dead entries from the database
automatically.

Regards,
R.