[RCD] Could not convert string from GBK to UTF-8

Mirko Buffoni briareos at eswat.org
Fri Jun 3 15:27:55 CEST 2011

Hi devs,

I keep having log file polluted by these errors

[03-Jun-2011 15:21:44 +0200]: PHP Error: Could not convert string from GBK
to UTF-8. Make sure iconv/mbstring is
installed or lib/utf8.class is available. in
/var/www/roundcubemail/program/include/main.inc on line 309 (GET
/?_task=mail&_action=show&_mbox=test&_uid=26)

After a long tracking I could identify the mail which is causing this behavior.
I'd prefer to send this mail privately to a dev who can help me to spot
which sequence is triggering these errors.

I'm using RoundCube 0.5.3 base version right now.  Thank you.

Mirko