[RCD] Calendar plugin: caldav backend

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Mon Mar 28 17:22:55 CEST 2011

 On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:39:55 +0200, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> As posted a couple of weeks ago I have completed the caldav backend
> for
> the calendar plugin. The only problem with this was that it was
> completed against the old abandoned calendar plugin so I devoted some
> effort to migrate it to the new calendar plugin. I am sad to say that
> this has failed due to a completely new interface which, IMHO, is to
> directed against the supported database backend. I therefore rest my
> case. However, should people want to takeover this task or be willing
> to use the old calendar plugin I have made it publicly available from
> this link.
>
> Some improvements are contained within the plugin apart from
> completing
> the caldav backend. These are:
> - Upgraded to a newer version of full-calendar which support
> selection
>   of timeslots.
> - Implemented selection of timeslots as a means of creating a new
> event
>   instead of simply clicking and have an event creating defaulting to
>   lasting for 2 hours.
> - Fix some bugs related to all-day events which were not handled
>   according to RFC.
> - Proper handling of timezones. Backend always saves in UTC but
>   frontend displays in the users preferred timezone.
> - Added more categories.
> - Fix bug that prevented displaying CRLF in description as well as
>   saving events containing CRLF on the server without loosing data.
> - A number of small fixes of bugs.
>
> One thing I was not able to fix was the export of the calendar which
> always displays events dated epoch since I have not been able to
> transfer the displayed dates back to the backend.
>
> Get it here: http://ftp.datanom.net/roundcube/calendar.tar.gz

 Hi Michael,

 Doesn't work for me. Untared it on my roundcube 0.5 and configured the
 caldav backend with the following options

 // Settings for CalDAV backend.
 $rcmail_config['caldav_server'] = 'https://server/davical/caldav.php';
 $rcmail_config['caldav_username'] = 'unused';
 $rcmail_config['caldav_password'] = 'unused';
 $rcmail_config['caldav_collection'] = '/home/';
 $rcmail_config['caldav_calendar'] = 'this is not used';

 // --- Options for using RoundCube account for CalDAV authentication
 //     (useful for LDAP)
 //
 // 1. If true, use login and password from RoundCube
 $rcmail_config['caldav_use_roundcube_login'] = true;

 And I get the following error :

 [28-mar-2011 17:05:27] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected
 T_START_HEREDOC in
 /var/www/roundcubemail/plugins/calendar/program/backend/caldav.php on
 line 28

 I'm using DAViCal/0.9.9. Roundcube is running on apache2 with php5, but
 there is no specific include of caldav libraries. (davical is on a
 different server).

 Thanks,
 Julien