[RCD] Problem with contact_create hook

rc rc at deltatechnicalservices.com
Mon May 23 23:34:59 CEST 2011

When doing a drag and drop from one address book to another, the
record value is NULL.

This may be a problem with my code, what I am
doing is fairly simple..

in my init I do this.

$this->add_hook('contact_create', array($this, 'contact_create'));

in my contact_create function I am doing this...

function
contact_create($a){
 if( is_null($a['record']) ){

write_log('mylog',$a);
 $a['abort'] = true;
 return $a;
 }

if($a['source'] == $this->abook_id){
 $this->put_contact($a);

$a['record']['edit']=$this->results->google_id;
 $a['abort'] = false;

}
 return $a;
}

And the result I see in the log is...

[May/23/2011
14:18:10 -0700]: array (
 'record' => NULL,
 'source' =>
'google_contacts',
 'group' => NULL,
 'abort' => true,
)

I am dragging
from the personal address book to google_contacts when this happens.
Just creating a contact the normal way works fine, it is just when
dragging and dropping.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
Or is there a bug in the drag and drop not passing a record to the
hook?