[RCD] Vcard question

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:53:00 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 06:22, rc <rc at deltatechnicalservices.com> wrote:
> I am new to the list,  and new to developing for roundcube so sorry if I am
> asking a stupid question.
>
> I am working on the google_contacts plugin for the 0.6 version.  I am having
> trouble getting all the fields in the Vcard to save.  Specifically I am
> trying to save the X-AB-EDIT: field and it never saves yet the rest of the
> data in my vcard saves just fine.    Here is my code.
>
> First of all, the $vcard variable holds the entire vcard including the
> X-AB-EDIT
>
> $vc = rcube_vcard::import($vcard);
> $email = $vc[0]->email[0];
> $a_record = $vc[0]->get_assoc();
> $a_record['ab-edit']=$val->edit;
> $a_record['vcard'] = $vc[0]->export();
> $CONTACTS->update($insert_id[0],$a_record);
>
> it saves the contents of $vcard perfectly, just not my field X-AB-EDIT:
> Any clues why?

rcube_contacts::update() is meant for saving contact data from the
Roundcube UI and only saves known and mapped fields.
But if you have the X-AB-EDIT field already in $vcard, you don't need
to worry about it. It'll be kept in the vcard block.

But why are you actually writing google contacts data to the local
contacts database?

~Thomas