[RCD] Compose button and drafts

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Wed Sep 21 23:04:24 CEST 2011

And here's another topic to discuss. Imagine the following situation:

1. Create a message and save it as a draft
2. Go and see it in Drafts folder
3. Then remember you have to write an important message to somebody else
4. Hit on "Create a new message" button
5. Oops - the draft you're currently viewing is in the "compose new
message" screen.

This is the current behavior of Roundcube: in drafts folder, the
compose button will open the currently selected draft instead of
starting a new message. So far nobody complained but we have reports
from testers who suggested to change this. An existing draft can be
opened again with a double-click and in addition to that we could add
a button "Edit" to the content area of the draft message.

What do you think?

Regards,
Thomas