[RCD] Vacation plugin help needed

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Thu Apr 12 17:39:45 CEST 2012

Greetings, all.

Since I expect that 0.8 will be released in a couple of months, I've
been doing testing with both the beta and a current svn. Since my
organization plans to cut directly to the new larry skin (not offer the
default at all), one of my focus points has been on plugin compatibility
with larry. And I've encountered a problem with the vacation plugin we
use.

There are currently two vacation plugins for RC.

https://github.com/bhuisgen/rc-vacation/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/

The first seems to be better supported, and appears to be "larry-ready"
now. But our environment requires the vacation files to be written to
the remote mail server via FTP, so we have been using the other plugin
in production. The problem is that the second plugin is definitely not
happy with larry, and will need some css/html re-write to work properly.

I've left a comment on the support forum for rcubevacation, but there
has been no response for over a month and I fear that the developer is
no longer maintaining that plugin.

So I need one of two things, neither of which I have time or skills to
do myself. I either need someone to make rcubevacation display properly
with larry, or I need an FTP driver for the rc-vacation plugin. I'm not
certain which is the simpler task, I've mucked about a bit with both
options with limited success.

Can anyone help with either of these tasks?

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services