[RCD] Release 0.8 (stable) with new skin is out

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Tue Aug 14 14:59:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

since the new release is now also available in the FreeBSD
ports tree, I have updated our server with it and it's working fine.

like the new skin! :-)

Thanks a lot,
Manfred

Am 07.08.2012 22:26,
schrieb Thomas Bruederli:

> Hello folks,
>
> We're proud to finally
announce the release of version 0.8 with the
> brand new skin, codename
"Larry", becoming the new default UI for
> Roundcube. After two preview
releases and a lot of fine-tuning, the
http://bueroflint.com [1] has now grown up. But to all the
> nostalgics
out there: don't worry! The old skin still remains part of
> the package
and will be maintained for at least one more major
> release.

Beside the new UI, this version also contains more bugfixes and

mprovements (see ) as well as some code refactorings. Another major

change since the last stable release is the updated license which is

now GPL v3+ with exceptions for skin & plugins. Read more about that

on http://roundcube.net/license [2]

> After lots of testing and
collecting your feedback, this version is
> considered stable and we
recommend to update all productive
> installations of Roundcube. Get the
new version from
> http://roundcube.net/download [3]
>
> Finally, some
important notes for sysadmins to deploy the new Roundcube:

> * The
new skin brings an entirely new look to the webmail application.

Please carefully plan a roll-out of the new version and prepare your

users accordingly.

> * We're getting a lot of support requests from
users who are under the
> impression that Roundcube is a public service
such as Gmail or
> Hotmail. Unfortunately we cannot help these people
and thus we'd like
> to encourage everybody to do some branding on your
Roundcube
> installation. You can replace the logo by config (option
'skin_logo')
> and even more important: the new release now has an
option named
> 'support_url' where everyone should fill in an URL to
instructions how
> to get help for that specific installation of
Roundcube.

> And last but not least: our recent partnership with the
Kolab
> Groupware project is finally showing some results. The Kolab
team just
> published a preview release of their all-new Kolab 3.0
groupware suite
> including Roundcube as the new web client. Enriched
with nice new
> plugins, Roundcube gives easy access to all relevant
groupware
> functions. Read more about Kolab at

http://kolab.org/blog/grote/2012/08/07/alpha-kolab-3.0-and-roundcube-0.8-released
[4]

> That's definitely worth celebrating, cheers!
>
> Thomas

Links:
------
[1] http://bueroflint.com