[RCD] [Svn] [roundcube/roundcubemail] 30cc01: Use Delivered-To header as a last resort for identity selection (#1488840)

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu Dec 6 20:11:52 CET 2012

Am 02.12.2012 23:29, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:
> Am 01.12.2012 23:57, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:

>>> Actually your message contains two Delivered-To headers, where one is my
>>> address and it works for me.
>>
>> The mailing list message of my post (i.e. the one that I received back
>> through the list) does contain only one Delivered-To: header - the one I
>> quoted above.
>>
>>> So, does your server not add this header maybe?
>>
>> Apparently not. And why should it...? At least this isn't anything you can
>> rely on.
>
> I just realized that Exim is adding a header "Envelope-to:" instead (which
> is also not an RFC standard header, AFAIK).
>
> May I ask to support this header besides "Delivered-To:" as a last resort
> as well...? Of course I can patch the source and see if it works, shall I do
> that?

Although I did not receive an answer to that yet, I did this test just
yesterday.

But without success. Although all mailing list messages do contain a header
"Envelope-to:" and although I believe to have patched the sources correctly,
I still need to change the identity manually.

I must admit that I have no clue of PHP, so I can't tell for sure if I've
made any mistake. Diffs are attached, so you can easily check them.

In a second attempt, I tried to support both "Delivered-To:" and
"Envelope-to:", but again to no avail. These diffs are also attached. The
file names should be self-explanatory.

I also corrected a typo in those diffs ("matches" instead of "amtches" in
compose.inc). At least this "fix" should be committed. ;)

So how to proceed in this respect...?

Harald Reindl suggested to grab the recipient from the Received: headers
instead (rather than from "Delivered-To": or "Envelope-to:"), and I second
that.

But besides that, new messages are also and still an issue - quoting
myself:

> But again, even this can only be a workaround, as it doesn't work for new
> messages. But it would help, no doubt.
>
>> So I would like to throw in this question again:

> I still think that this would be the best solution in the long run.

Greets,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de
Düsseldorf/Germany
Ein eingebundener Text mit undefiniertem Zeichensatz wurde abgetrennt.
Name: rcube_storage.php.envelope_only.diff
Dateiname   : compose.inc.envelope_only.diff
Dateityp    : text/x-c++
Dateigr??e  : 918 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.roundcube.net/pipermail/dev/attachments/20121206/6172b215/attachment.bin>
Ein eingebundener Text mit undefiniertem Zeichensatz wurde abgetrennt.
Name: rcube_storage.php.delivered_envelope.diff
Dateiname   : compose.inc.delivered_envelope.diff
Dateityp    : text/x-c++
Dateigr??e  : 801 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.roundcube.net/pipermail/dev/attachments/20121206/6172b215/attachment-0001.bin>