[RCD] How to fix incorrect CT-declaration "text/x-mail" for .eml attachments?

Martin Wodrich listuser at freexp.de
Fri Dec 28 23:51:25 CET 2012

Am 28.12.2012 19:54, schrieb Michael Heydekamp:
> Am 28.12.2012 11:12, schrieb Andreas Dick:
>
>>> But, I have the idea.
>>> It is Exim (as our MTA) that add the Return-path.
>
>> my MTA is exim at debian/lenny via smarthost

Don't you think that lenny is too old to be secure?

>> I would say that my emails are sent with Return-Path... but you are able to
>> check yourself :-)

> Exim rewrites the header, and it does it by design (for whatever reason) to
> write it to "Return-path:".
>
> See:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_transports.html
>
> Weird, but a fact.

And this ist not only in the last exim-version.
It is also in 4.69 (your version) and 4.72 (our version).

See:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.69/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_transports.html
and
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.72/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_transports.html