[RCD] How to fix incorrect CT-declaration "text/x-mail" for .eml attachments?

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Mon Dec 31 17:38:06 CET 2012

Am 31.12.2012 15:10, schrieb Alessandro Vesely:
> On Mon 31/Dec/2012 12:15:24 +0100 Michael Heydekamp wrote:

>> Can you point to the statement in any RFC where this is clearly stated? I
>> couldn't find anything in 2821 and it's predecessors/successors. All
>> statements about case (in)sensitivity refer to SMTP commands, local parts
>> and domains only.
>
> RFC 2821 is indeed focused on SMTP.  RFC 2822 does the message format,
> and has a corresponding statement about case sensitivity:
> in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#section-1.2.2

[...]

Thanks for clarifying! So now we know for sure that Exim's behaviour (i.e.
creating a header "Return-path:") is perfectly RFC compliant.

>From a practical side of view, the still open question for us is: How to
(re)build a fixed magic.mgc which does at least support "Return-Path:",
"Return-path:" and "return-path:"?

Plus that finfo is apparently also able to load a plain text file instead
of a compiled magic.mgc, but it doesn't load every magic text file that I
can find on our server. I will have to dig a little deeper into that issue,
unless somebody else can help with more specific information.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de