[RCD] Roundcube Framework

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Feb 6 15:53:15 CET 2012

On 27.01.2012 12:34, A.L.E.C wrote:
> TODO:
> - create rcube_framework class as a base for rcmail, which will contain
> only backend-related functionality. The idea is that in use-case where
> UI is not needed we'll be able to just do:
> class rcmail extends rcube_framework {}
> - make plugins api optional, create rcmail::exec_hook() as
> plugins->exec_hook() wrapper,
> - don't use translation (gettext()) inside backend classes, e.g. should
> rcube_addressbook return translated error messages? I think so.
> - should rcube_message go to the backend group? if so, it cannot depend
> on rcube_ui nor localization,

any comments on the above points?

> - fix html class dependencies (rcube_ui::Q) so it can be "moved" to
> Utils group,

done.

Some more ideas:
- create rcube_input utility class for get_input_value() related
functionality,
- create abstract rcube_output class (with some output-related utilities
e.g. json_serialize())
- rename rcube_json_output to rcube_output_json, it should extend
rcube_output
- rename rcube_html_page to rcube_output_html, it should extend rcube_output
- rename rcube_template to rcube_output_html_template

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak