[RCD] dovecot

S c o t t K r a m e r scott_list at clevelanddata.com
Wed Feb 8 21:37:07 CET 2012

Thanks everyone for the dovecot help!

On 2012-01-17 03:44,
Christopher Moules wrote:

> Well there is the official wiki:

http://wiki1.dovecot.org/QuickConfiguration

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/QuickConfiguration

> We run Dovecot 1 on
Debian and will soon be moving to Dovecot 2 (local
> 'backport').

Dovecot 2 makes sense for a new installation.

> It depends on your
requirements on the *how* you configure it.
> If you have a user
database then you will probably want to make it work
> with that.

There is lots of good information in the wiki, for example:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MigrationWe moved from Cyrus and have been
happy. With Dovecot 2 and doveadm
> there is nothing to miss from
Cyrus.

m e r wrote:

>> Hi, Does anyone have or recommend a nice
walk-through/quick-start installing, configuring dovecot, and the ideal
linux variation to run it on? I of course can google it, but there are
tons of options, please if someone can suggest the best, that would be
awesome! We use hMailserver right now, it's nice, but it's difficult to
restore certain things from backup (like a user folder deleted by
accident), and it does not support threading. Thanks!
> BT/82b627a0

Links:
------
[1]