[RCD] github

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Feb 11 18:20:29 CET 2012

On 2012-02-11 17:43, Cor Bosman wrote:

>> We would indeed be running gitorious for Thomas, so that he could
>> administer the users / ssh keys allowed to push to such-and-such
>> branches himself.
>
> So does that mean only specific people can use the interface?

gitorious - if that's what Thomas wants, and he's making the decisions
around here ;-) - allows git:// just as much as ssh:// (in the
git at host:repo.git fashion), and granular control to committing to
branches (stable vs. development vs. topic branches vs. etc.). The web
interface though, which is what you are talking about, is where the
features are. It uses a different push url to push out a patch for
review, essentially creating a new working copy of the repository on the
server. Public (anonymous) and/or private (authenticated) access being
provided -should Thomas want either or both- is not the issue.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG