[RCD] Suggestion: password plugin

Andy Theuninck gohanman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:09:32 CET 2012

I modified my install so that the password plugin could use multiple
drivers. Email is by far the service my users use the most, but it
would be nice to keep their all their passwords in sync when the email
password changes. The main change is that the save function loops
through all selected drivers instead of just one. To avoid function
name collisions, drivers can optionally use a prefix (e.g.,
sql_save_password instead of save_password).

Works pretty well for me with unix accounts & samba accounts. Patch is
attached if there's interest.

I also have password plugin drivers for samba and unix accounts (using
expect instead of PAM). Not sure if it's OK to attach lots of files to
list posts.

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
  http://detached.gigo.com/rc/Dt/xTBRWwgv/rcm.multipassword.patch
 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---