[RCD] Breaking the 'mail' / 'addressbook' divide in Roundcube

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 16:17:54 CET 2012

Hi Ian

You pretty much figured out that the current architecture of Roundcube
makes it hard to achieve what you have in mind. However, it's not entirely
impossible. check out the address book widget we now have on the compose
screen in the latest SVN version. It uses a command named 'list-contacts'
which resides in the mail section.

While it's currently bound to the compose step, the code could easily be
moved or adjusted to also work on the main screen. See function
rcmail_contacts_list() in program/steps/mail/compose.inc and line 277 in
program/js/app.js

But to make a long story short, we'll not refactor our code in the near
future and you'll have to live with a huge patch.

Good luck!
Thomas