[RCD] Timezone setting

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:56:38 CET 2012

Hello all,

I now refactored timezone handling in Roundcube (see
http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/5707) to add proper timezone support to it.

The big change is that $rcmail->config->get('timezone') no longer returns
an integer value with the timezone offset in hours but the timezone
identifier as string. That one can be used to create a DateTimeZone object
for date calculation or formatting.

Plugin developers who made use of the 'timezone' config property therefore
need to adjust their code. With this change, the 'dst_active' config option
no longer exists.

I hope this helps to make date calculations easier for the future.

Regards,
Thomas