[RCD] Trouble with memcached, debian, etc. -- sort of fixed in rcube_session.php?

Rob Sheldon rob at associatedtechs.com
Sat Jan 7 18:54:26 CET 2012

On Jan 07 2012 08:50 am, till wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:11
PM, Thomas Bruederli <roundcube at gmail.com [1]> wrote:

>> Rob Sheldon
wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Finally decided to get memcached up and
running with Roundcube --
>> > awesome work there.
>> >
>> > I ran into
a problem getting it to go at first though. Turned on all
>> > the
logging in memcache and found this relevant bit:

>> > In rcube_session.php, I mucked about with the first line of

mc_destroy(), changing it to:

>> > $ret =
$this->memcache->delete($key, 0);

>> > ...which makes everything
happy, despite being incorrect.

>> I don't have a problem adding
this to your code and becoming "incorrect"
>> unless anybody else
reports problems with that change. PHP usually doesn't
>> complain about
additional arguments passed to a function call, only if
>> there are too
few arguments passed.

http://docs.php.net/manual/en/memcache.delete.php [2]
> This states
that it's not recommend to use the timeout paramter, but using 0 is safe
and shouldn't break anything anywhere else.
> Till

...assuming that
the PHP dev team doesn't change their mind later, which, y'know, never
happens...

I also had to make a similar change in
/program/include/rcube_cache.php:

 private function delete_record($key,
$index=true)

 {

 if ($this->type == 'memcache')

$this->db->delete($this->ckey($key), 0);

...otherwise, the first time
you sign out, you can't sign back in again. Looks like Roundcube tries
to delete a previous cache id during login.

Those are the only two
changes I've needed to make and everything has worked great so far. I
try not to alter Roundcube's code at all (makes future upgrades a little
less easy) but memcache was just too tempting.

Thanks,

- R.

--
[__