[RCD] dovecot

Christopher Moules christopher at gms.lu
Tue Jan 17 21:44:09 CET 2012

Well there is the official wiki:

http://wiki1.dovecot.org/QuickConfiguration
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/QuickConfiguration

We run Dovecot 1 on Debian and will soon be moving to Dovecot 2 (local
'backport').
Dovecot 2 makes sense for a new installation.

It depends on your requirements on the *how* you configure it.
If you have a user database then you will probably want to make it work
with that.

There is lots of good information in the wiki, for example:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration

We moved from Cyrus and have been happy. With Dovecot 2 and doveadm
there is nothing to miss from Cyrus.

Regards

Chris