[RCD] Larry: toolbar button groups

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Sat Jul 7 16:01:10 CEST 2012

On 6/7/2012 14:42, Cor Bosman wrote:
>>> This does bring me to another issue. Wouldnt it be possible to
>>> actually make the whole site have a min-width, so if you go below
>>> that width, you get a scrollbar? Right now (in default and larry
>>> skin) rc pretty much becomes useless below a certain width.
>>
>> Definitely worth a try. But would it really be more usable if
>> there's a horizontal scrollbar?
>
> Dunno, but it's 1 complaint we get. users seem to interpret it as a
> bug that the icons become unreachable when the search form moves over
> it. Telling them the site needs a minimal width only gets us very
> little sympathy :) Showing that minimal width may be an option. It
> doesnt make the site more usable probably. I dont know which of the 2
> is worse.

I would like to second that. From our experience, users would consider
any such site/page/app just "broken", while the horizontal scrollbar is
a clear, and familiar from other sites too, indication that *they* need
to resize *their* window.

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE