[RCD] OpenPGP in JavaScript in Roundcube in round in round in round...

Niklas Femerstrand nik at qnrq.se
Thu Jul 12 17:31:36 CEST 2012

Yeah, the keys will have to be imported for every individual site using
openpgpjs. I'm not very concerned about that, I think the users are more
than willing to import keys everywhere. I think that's just normal usage
of PKI, kind of how SSH users would have to put all their public keys on
remote hosts.

One thing related to this that I haven't looked into though is: how
persistent is the HTML5 web storage, and when and under what
circumstances does it expire? It would suck to have to import private
keys from a local storage once a day. Perhaps if that becomes a problem
later on JavaScript cookies could be used as backup. But once again, I
haven't looked at this at all, and it might not be a problem at all.

OpenPGP.js is actually a fork of GPG4Browsers :-)

Regards,
Nik