[RCD] Ready for the switch?

Rosali myroundcube at mail4us.net
Thu Jul 19 15:47:49 CEST 2012

I will have trouble, but go the rough way, if really necessary.

I have comments in my code where I refer to larry. So it shouldn't be
too hard to adjust the code.

Nethertheless, I have concerns. F.e. 'google_ads' plugin has a config
spread out for all admins which looks like:

/* credentials for templates */
$rcmail_config['google_ads_templates']['default'][] = array(
   'google_ad_client' => "pub-... masked ...",
   'google_ad_slot' => "... masked ...",
   'google_ad_width' => 120,
   'google_ad_height' => 600
);

... followed by a lot of more config settings associated to 'default'.

Since I allow only downloads by my plugin_manager, I have detailed
reports.

According to those reports 908 different locations have downloaded the
plugin.
That's not the amount of downloads, as said it is the report for
downloads by IP.
I can assume that at least 400 configs will be affected; plus those who
directly checked out code from myroundcube.googlecode.com.

So, this will be a big change for me and others!

It is not the only plugin where the config will be affected by a name
change.
'google_ads' is just an example to explain my concerns.