[RCD] Ready for the switch?

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jul 19 21:19:40 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-19 12:10, Benjamin Connelly wrote:
> As system administrators, sometimes the phrase "change is bad" is
> unfortunately true. What we will want to do is *not* change the skin
> on everyone automagically (which would surely produce many many
> support tickets) instead announcing that there is a cool new skin
> available, so those who choose to try it, and prefer it, can adopt
> it.

I don't agree. I'm not only planning to automagically change the skin,
I'm going to lock it so that the users can't change back. I want any
pain to be in one swift lump. I do *NOT* want to deal with it later when
the 'classic' or 'legacy' skin is finally removed entirely and I've got
users' prefs specifying a nonexistent skin.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services