[RCD] translation policy

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Fri Jul 20 10:21:26 CEST 2012

Jernej Porenta wrote:
> Heya,
>
> What is the current policy for incorporating translations from launchpad to current source of Roundcube?
>
> I am asking this, because I've noticed that some of the translations from launchpad (e.g: Slovenian password plugin translation) do not come into the sources of Roundcube and users should take care of that (http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Doc_Plugins#Internationalization). Are there any plans to make this process easier on the users?

For plugins which reside in our own git repository the translations will be
pulled from launchpad and distributed with the official Roundcube releases.
There's no automated process set up doing this so the git repository might
lag behind the status of the launchpad translation system.

Plugin developers also have the possibility to submit their translations to
the launchpad system. The process is described on the page you mentioned
above. The "planner" plugin for example does it that way.

I know, that the workflow isn't perfect but for now we don't have a better
solution than taking merge requests from your Bazaar branches in order to
list your plugins in our translation section of launchpad. What I
initially had in mind was to give plugin developers direct access to the
main Bazaar branch on launchpad but I so far failed to find out how that
can be done on the launchpad system.

~Thomas