[RCD] translation policy

Claudio Filho filhocf at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 16:54:17 CEST 2012

Hi

2012/7/20 Thomas Bruederli <thomas em roundcube.net>:
> I know, that the workflow isn't perfect but for now we don't have a better
> solution than taking merge requests from your Bazaar branches in order to

<cut>

Thomas, i think that this discussion can be extended to core too. The
fact that all translations for RC in Launchapad to be open is a
concern's motive. IMHO, is complicated maintain a good quality in
translation process if any person can enter there and rewrite what
wish.

I remember that I rewrote a lot of translations without sync (or style
pattern) with other translations, what can put down the software
quality as an all. I revised all translations that i use (between
them, all in Rosali repository), and I try to maintain a consistency
for all.

In other hand, we have focus with a front and not in other? Only
maintaining opened we can receive more contributions, and closing, we
will lost this contribution? I think that no. In all projects, i did
the translation based in a PO file, I sent to maintainer and, at
final, the translated product is there.

My two cents about this translation policy.

Bests,
Claudio