[RCD] translation policy

Rosali myroundcube at mail4us.net
Tue Jul 24 07:11:12 CEST 2012

Am 22.07.2012 16:54, schrieb Claudio Filho:

> Thomas, i think that this discussion can be extended to core too. The
> fact that all translations for RC in Launchapad to be open is a
> concern's motive. IMHO, is complicated maintain a good quality in
> translation process if any person can enter there and rewrite what
> wish.
>
> I remember that I rewrote a lot of translations without sync (or
> style
> pattern) with other translations, what can put down the software
> quality as an all. I revised all translations that i use (between
> them, all in Rosali repository), and I try to maintain a consistency
> for all.

I have a very simple automated process. I've written a Roundcube
Plugin.
When a trusted translator logs into Roundcube he is able to create or
edit lanaguage packs for languages associated to the translator. The
plugin simply writes the new or edited language file into my SVN folder
and they get published with next release.

It works with file_put_contents. I know this won't work for you, but
I think, it could be done with fsockopen or cURL as well. Unfortunately
I'm not familiar with the SVN protocol, but I could support with
code framework.