[RCD] Remove user.alias column

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Tue Jul 31 12:39:22 CEST 2012

That column is used only for log in. The current behaviour allows only
one alias. Also not every installation is using it at all. What I
propose is to:[[BR]]
1. remove this column.
2. add an option which will search for the username in identities table.
SELECT u.*
FROM users.u
JOIN identities i ON (i.user_id = u.user_id)
WHERE email = ?
LIMIT 1

So, this way searching for alias would be optional (which will improve
performance, when not needed, e.g. there's a plugin which do alias
mapping) and will give more possibilities.

What I'm afraid of is that there's a use-case where alias is not an
email address.

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488581

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak