[RCD] sessions started on connect?

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 3 10:30:00 CEST 2012

On Oct 3, 2012, at 10:05 AM, Thomas Bruederli <thomas at roundcube.net> wrote:

> Cor Bosman wrote:
>> Hey all, we use hardware loadbalancers that connect to apache to see if the server is still ok. It does not login.
>>
>> I just realised these do actually create sessions, causing problems with garbage collection :(
>
> I'm wondering why these session records cause problems with garbage
> collection. They do not differ from active session records.

All our servers (15) are behind a loadbalancer that checks if a server is working by connecting to 443. This immediately creates a session. This happens every 5 seconds. Times 15. In 2 hours (our gc time) that creates over 20.000 redundant sessions.

But ive worked around this by pointing our loadbalancers to a custom url inside the roundcube doctree. Problem solved.

Cor