[RCD] sessions started on connect?

Sébastien BLAISOT sebastien at blaisot.org
Thu Oct 4 21:05:53 CEST 2012

Le 03/10/2012 10:30, Cor Bosman a écrit :
> All our servers (15) are behind a loadbalancer that checks if a server is working by connecting to 443. This immediately creates a session. This happens every 5 seconds. Times 15. In 2 hours (our gc time) that creates over 20.000 redundant sessions.
>
> But ive worked around this by pointing our loadbalancers to a custom url inside the roundcube doctree. Problem solved.

Well, the best way will probably be to have a roundcube monitoring page
testing the whole chain (web server, php execution, database backend and
imap backend) that your loadbalancer could check.
This will assure that everything is working fine and not just apache is
working.
Right now, you can have a server not reaching the database or imap
backend for whatever reason and have your loadbalancer not detecting it
and leaving it receiving requests.

But I'm not aware of such a test page in roundcube (if someone can
implement it, it would be an improvement for large installations).

regards,

S.B.