[RCD] New look of compose and message screens

Jan M. Dziewulski jan+rc at dziewulski.com
Tue Sep 4 15:40:39 CEST 2012

On 04/09/2012 13:33, A.L.E.C wrote:
> In last few changes I improved message display screen. So, now it looks
> the same as the preview frame. I think this way the UI looks more clean
> and unified. I hope you agree with me. This also matches the look of
> other tasks e.g. addressbook where white color is used for the whole
> contact information frame/box.
>
> Because I was never happy with that how mail compose screen looks like,
> the idea came to make the same with compose screen. I started to work on
> this. See attached screenshot. The main reason of this change is a
> unification, but it will fix some issues on compose screen. E.g. the
> whole compose box will be scrollable so there will be no problems with
> too small screen height (even with displayed all headers and options).

I personally don't like a pure white background. It is also disability
unfriendly where slight grey/slight blue/slight green or slight pink
would be preferable - is there an option to perhaps add an option in the
database (i.e. make it user specific) for disability friendliness? It
could make it white by default but change it per user if that user found
a specific colour better suited to their visibility.

I know that there is software that helps under Windows (like it or loath
it) but as far as I know, there is none really that helps under Macs and
I don't really know about Linux/Unix boxen (never looked into it).

Thanks,
--
Jan M. Dziewulski
ACA, ACMT, ACTC, ACSA