[RCD] New look of compose and message screens

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Sep 5 19:16:43 CEST 2012

On 09/05/2012 04:14 PM, Thomas Bruederli wrote:

> I like the old/current screen better because it brings a better separation
> of the different parts (headers, compose text, options). We already had

But my way it just looks the same as in message preview. The interface
becomes more intuitive when unified. Why not make message compose looks
the same as message preview?

> feedback from a usability expert, that the gray arrow to expand the headers
> in the preview frame is not intuitive and I think we should therefore not
> copy that into the compose screen. And where can I now add CC, BCC and stuff?

Additional headers and options would be displayed when you click on this
"not intuitive expander" ;) It's just me who thinks that current compose
screen in Larry just looks ugly?

> Improvement of the current compose screen could be:
>
> * Add toolbar buttons for send/save/cancel and move the current form
> buttons to the bottom of the screen. That's what we have in the classic
> skin and it respects the top-to-bottom flow one might have when composing a
> message.

In my opinion we don't need more buttons, but current buttons should be
moved to the toolbar for sure.

Is community not interested in the discussion? I'm waiting for more
opinions.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak