[RCD] logging in with wget (or curl)

Putu Arya Sabda Wijaya ptaryasw at isi-dps.ac.id
Fri Sep 7 12:35:42 CEST 2012

Hey there,

Beside Selenium, you can try PhantomJS fo testing
purpose.

Please refer to
http://code.google.com/p/phantomjs/wiki/WhoUsesPhantomJS [4] to get
inspiration from projects that used it.

Regards,

Sabda

On
2012-09-07 15:21, Florian Mycka wrote:

> Hey,
>
> what about setting
up Selenium and a front end test. If you don't know Selenium: This is a
Firefox plugin and I used it a while ago to script a login process, test
something and logout. You can record mouse clicks, key inputs and set up
conditions and co and test a page for elements or text or whatever. I
guess loading times are also possible to measure. You can set a loop to
repeat this test 1000 times… so you may get a good performance indicator
and see, what your users will see…

> Just my thoughts.
> Florian
>

> Am Freitag, den 07.09.2012, 09:08 +0200 schrieb Peter Overtoom:

Isn't it a better idea to measure the actual user experience? Measure
page generation times with PHP and measure load and parse times with
Javascript?

<ben at electricembers.net [3]> wrote:

>>> We are attempting to build
some tools so we can track metrics (when our users' experience might be
getting too slow and we need to add resources.) So we want to be able to
script logging in to RoundCube and viewing an inbox (and measure the
time it takes.)

>>> I figured we could use wget with --save-cookies
and --keep-session-cookies to load the login page and get a cookie, then
wget again with --load-cookies and --post-data to feed in all the form
fields, including username and password, but now I've gotten myself very
confused about the _token field in the form, and the roundcube_sessid
string in the cookie (and the s=##### javascript stuff. . .) and haven't
been able to get it working by flailing.

>>> Has anyone experience
with this?

>>> Or is there documentation somewhere I could grok the
whole login / session process?

>>> Or is this just not going to be
possible without running some javascript?

>>> Thanks in
advance,

>>> Benjamin

Links: