[RCD] New look of compose and message screens

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Mon Sep 10 11:11:09 CEST 2012

Torsten Grote wrote:

>>> And where can I now add CC, BCC and
stuff?
>> Good question! I wouldn't like to see it hidden in some option
expander.

> What a difference, link or expander. I see you need more
screenshots ;),
> see http://alec.pl/larry [1]. Keep in mind that these
are only ideas, the
> look will be improved slightly + icons for
toolbar.

My opinion:

Message Display
-------------------

I like the
new version, because it make the display of the message more consistent
with the display below the message list. And the expander arrow should
already been known from there.

But I think it should be possible to
display/hide the header source separately, you need it much less often
and it confuses a lot of people who don't know what this is.

Compose
Message
----------------------

I would prefer if the Cc: and Bcc:
fields could be activated separately, because the are used much more
often than the other additional fields.

I also prefer the curent
positon of the Send, Save, Cancel buttons, They are easier to find and
make the screen more intuitive. And you do need them every time when you
compose a message, so they are really important.

Manfred

Links:
------
[1] http://alec.pl/larry