[RCD] New look of compose and message screens

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Mon Sep 10 11:20:05 CEST 2012

Am 05.09.2012 16:14, schrieb Thomas Bruederli:

> I like the
old/current screen better because it brings a better separation

> of
the different parts (headers, compose text, options). We already had

feedback from a usability expert, that the gray arrow to expand the
headers
> in the preview frame is not intuitive and I think we should
therefore not
> copy that into the compose screen.

Indeed it took me a
while to figure out how to unhide the other fields, so it really seems
to be not very intuitive, but now I find it very convinient.

In my
opinion it should be used either on both screen or on none. Else the
interface becomes even more confusing. On the current compose screen the
plus sign is used to unhide fields instead of the gray arrow. Maybe this
is clearer...

Manfred