[RCD] Getting message ID for selected message/message replied to

Daniel Böhmer post at daniel-boehmer.de
Thu Apr 18 12:42:02 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I've been using RC for years and now need to develop a plug-in for a customer.

My plug-in opens a second window when a message is previewed or replied to. In
both cases the URL of the new window refers to an external software which
provides additional info to a given message ID.

I already solved opening the second window after the right events.

How to retrieve the message ID?

- When a message is previewed I already get its UID which seems to be RC's own
way of identifying messages. I need to "translate" that to the global message
ID which can be used by external software.

- When a message is replied to all information about the original message
seems to be passed by the "id" parameter in the URL for the compositor. I find
it even more difficult to retrieve the original message's ID here.

I already spent some time listening to the right events and opening the 2nd
window which is now working. Hopefully you'll be able to give me some hints
how to get the message IDs.

Kind regards
Daniel Böhmer

--
Daniel Böhmer, Diplominformatiker (BA)
Freelance Software Developer

Diese E-Mail ist mit GnuPG digital signiert. Wenn GnuPG nicht verwendet
wird, bitte die Datei "signature.asc" einfach ignorieren. //
This e-mail is digitally signed with GnuPG. If GnuPG is not used,
please just ignore the file "signature.asc".