[RCD] Getting message ID for selected message/message replied to

Daniel Böhmer post at daniel-boehmer.de
Thu Apr 18 14:21:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

thanks for your code snippet. I am pretty sure the hook is being called
because when I made a typo I got an error message that the method get() could
not be called on a non-object. It seems to me that this is a runtime error and
thus the hook method must have been called.

> and now in javascript you can use rcmail.env.messageid variable.

Unfortunately I don't find this attribute in the rcmail.env object. I inspect
it with Firebug. I also tried to add another variable with a static string
just in case the result of the function is undefined or something alike.
However I cannot get any additional attribute into rcmail.env.

	public $task = 'mail';

	function init() {
		// include our files
		$this->include_script('my_plugin.js');
		$this->include_stylesheet('my_plugin.css');

		// register hook for message headers being processed
		$this->add_hook('message_headers_output', array($this, 'headers'));
	}

	// provide message ID from message header
	function headers($args) {
		$rcmail = rcube::get_instance();

		// BOTH NOT VISIBLE
		$rcmail->output->set_env('foo', 'bar');
		$rcmail->output->set_env('messageid', $args['headers']->get('message-
id'));

		// DOCUMENTATION SAYS method for this hook shall return the
		// (possibly modified) output argument
		return $args['output'];
	}

I only know the list of available hooks found at [1]. Can you point me at
documentation for $rcmail->output->set_env or $args['headers']. I cannot find
it.

Daniel

--
Daniel Böhmer, Diplominformatiker (BA)
Freelance Software Developer

Diese E-Mail ist mit GnuPG digital signiert. Wenn GnuPG nicht verwendet
wird, bitte die Datei "signature.asc" einfach ignorieren. //
This e-mail is digitally signed with GnuPG. If GnuPG is not used,
please just ignore the file "signature.asc".