[RCD] Duplicate users in database

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Fri Apr 19 13:17:10 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Glen Eustace <geustace at godzone.net.nz> wrote:
> Having now updated from .0.8.4 to 0.9.0, I thought I'd do an audit of the
> users in the database and am quite surprised by the number of rows with the
> same username.
>
> I cannot see how these have come about.  The last_logins in some cases are
> very close together and in others they are years apart.
>
> Any clues ? I am guessing there are not supposed to be duplicates.

No, there shouldn't be any duplicates of username + mail_host values.
But please look closely if there are differences in upper/lower case
within these two columns. Depending on your IMAP server's capabilities
and settings, you should consider to adjust the
$rcmail_config['login_lc'] option which influences this.

Regards,
Thomas