[RCD] Word/line wrapping routine (was: Roundcube deletes leading blanks upon sending - but why??)

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Thu Apr 25 21:21:29 CEST 2013

Am 23.04.2013 09:56, schrieb A.L.E.C:
> On 04/22/2013 10:03 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:

>> This "Zend Framework" looks somewhat insane to me. But may I ask: I didn't
>> have all the issues above before (in 0.9), how and why did they make their
>> way into 1.0-git? There were still some wordwrap issues in 0.9, yes, but not
>> the ones we're currently talking about. So there must have been significant
>> changes between 0.9 and 1.0 which did escape me.
>
> Regressions just sometimes happen.

Sure. But my impression is that in 1.0 a complete new word/line wrap routine
has been implemented. Is this impression correct?

If so, this means that I have to start with all of my personal test cases
from scratch.

Given the issues that I already encountered with the "real life" scenarios
I've posted here, the new routine is looking worse than the one we've had
before.

But anyway, I'm of course happy to help to improve this new routine as well.
There may be scenarios which the new routine does handle better than the old
one, probably I just haven't seen them yet.

> Especially when there are no test cases created. Maybe you could take a
> look at our testing script and try to create more test-cases. The
> wordwrap-related are in
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/tests/Framework/Mime.php#L149

I'll post them here, whenever I'm running against a wall, please feel free
to add them to this list.

I have posted another issue three days ago (with no response so far). See
issue #2 in my message with the subject "Word/line wrapping of quoted and
forwarded messages" of Apr 22nd, 23:23.

Although I'd like to avoid that inline-forwarded messages are being
re-wrapped at all, I realize that this is not a trivial thing. But IF they
are being rewrapped, the re-wrapping should be consistent. In the posted
case it wasn't consistent.

>> And with regards to the "help": Believe me, if I'd be capable of coding my
>> own wordwrap(), I'd do it. But I'm not, so I can just report the issues I'm
>> encountering.
>
> No offense. There was an emoticon at the end of the sentence.

I've seen that, and no offense was taken. I just wanted to stress that I'd
be happy to contribute even more to improve the Roundcube code (rather than
just posting issues), but I'm simply not capable to. Neither knowledge- nor
time-wise.

Thanks for listening, thanks for Roundcube, and thanks to those who are
developing it.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp