[RCD] suggested new features

Matee Moshkovits mmmoshko at affordhost.com
Wed Aug 28 15:43:58 CEST 2013

hi guys

COR BOSMAN WROTE:

> THIS COULD BE DONE WITH A PLUGIN. AND I EVEN THINK THERE ALREADY IS A PLUGIN FOR THAT?
> OR DOESNT LARRY HAVE HOOKS FOR A SPOT TO PUT THE REMEMBER ME HTML?
>
> COR

I tried Larry it looks good but I can not find the hook, also that
assumes that people are not using other skins and that all Admins are
PHP smart to enable the hook as well as install plugins

I was thinking of having it as an admin config thing .... config.php so
it will exist on every skin and be idiot proof

ARNE BERGLUND WROTE:

> How is this different than the built-in option for browser auth caching?
>
> // Allow browser-autocompletion on login form.
> // 0 - disabled, 1 - username and host only, 2 - username, host,
> password
> $rcmail_config['login_autocomplete'] = 0;
>
> --
> Arne Berglund
> System Administrator, Internet Services
> Lane Education Service District
> Eugene, OR

not all browsers have a good working auto-complete, (Internet Exploder
6.0 - 8.0, Opera (All versions), Android Browser (pre: Ice Cream
Sandwitch)) and of those that do, how many people think that remember my
password is a bad idea ... this gives a choice where it only does the
username ... and not the password ....
so if the admin has browser auth caching turned off (obviously a
security aware admin) it still works ...

--
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Thank you

Matee Moshkovits
Chief Technology Officer
AffordHost Inc.