[RCD] [Svn] [roundcube/roundcubemail] 9a0153: Implemented menu actions to copy/move messages, added folder-selector widget (#1484086)

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Mon Dec 23 21:34:58 CET 2013

Am 23.12.2013 10:16, schrieb Phil Weir:

> You need the copymessage plugin to add the option to the context menu. The
> copy message function has been built it in Roundcube for some time.
> Copymessage uses the built in functions, its purpose is really just to add
> the element to the context menu. The recent change in Roundcube is only a
> cosmetic one, not functional.

Ah, that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the insight.

> Personally I have never understood the need for a copy message function in
> Roundcube though I understand other people find it useful. This combined
> with the fact that I wanted to demonstrate how to extend the contextmenu
> plugin is why it is separate.

But it applies to this particular function only? What if more functions
together with menu items (and not only menu items for already existing but
"hidden" functions) should be added to Roundcube in the future - would they
appear in contextmenu automatically then?

One of the needs for copying messages BTW is if you are using an own
Bayesian database for spam detection. In the past, we used to copy messages
which were false positives to a specific ham folder. A cronjob did then make
sure to add all messages in this folder as ham to the database.

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de