[RCD] [Svn] [roundcube/roundcubemail] 9a0153: Implemented menu actions to copy/move messages, added folder-selector widget (#1484086)

Phil Weir roundcube at tehinterweb.co.uk
Thu Dec 26 14:17:52 CET 2013

> > Personally I have never understood the need for a copy message function
> in
> > Roundcube though I understand other people find it useful. This combined
> > with the fact that I wanted to demonstrate how to extend the
> contextmenu
> > plugin is why it is separate.
>
> But it applies to this particular function only? What if more functions
> together with menu items (and not only menu items for already existing but
> "hidden" functions) should be added to Roundcube in the future - would
> they
> appear in contextmenu automatically then?

Nothing is "automatic" the contextmenu only contains functions which have been added to it, nothing to do with the contents of the mail toolbar

> @Phil: Would it be feasible that contextmenu will use this widget in the
> near future? It's way better and faster accessible than the folder list
> contextmenu is currently offering (and would also make the code of
> contextmenu smaller, I believe).

I do not think in the near future no. A quick look suggested that it is not as simple is swapping one function for another. There is already a ticket about it in the github repo of the plugin.