[RCD] Display of message flowed, although message not being declared as flowed

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Fri Feb 1 08:21:36 CET 2013

On 01/31/2013 09:27 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
> Currently (and unfortunately) Roundcube can't produce non-flowed lines
> longer than specified in the config (76 chars in my case) - except when
> being quoted -, but other MUAs can. And they indeed do that!

You're mixing two things: displaying received messages and producing a
message for sending. This is confusing.

> Well, here's an example (as I said, I need to quote it, because otherwise
> Roundcube would line-wrap it upon sending):
>
>> +-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+------------+

This line won't be wrapped because of no white spaces

>> | Column #1 | Column #2 | Column #3 | Column #4 | Column #5 | Column #6 | Column #7 | Column #8 | Column #9 | Column #10 |

and this will. So, maybe we could improve our wrapping code, so it will
remember last line length (after wrapping) and will use the length for
wrapping of current line. This at list should work for above use-case.
Of course this will not work for any ASCII art.

This task is not simple because in plain text you cannot define which
line should and which shouldn't be wrapped. Did you try to set
line_length config option to some big value e.g. 200?

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak