[RCD] [RCU] RoundCube Calendar

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Feb 18 23:34:20 CET 2013

On 14/02/2013 09:00, Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:
>> So when looking through google, I found resources on the stand AGPL license
>> client thought that maybe someone is willing to finish on AGPL license.
> The calendar module provided by Kolab is under APGL but currently lacks a
> CalDAV backend. There are plans to add this but the work for that isn't
> scheduled yet.
>> Personally, I am ready to sponsor a programmer, maybe others willing to help?
> I could connect you with the programmers who announced their intents to add
> CalDAV to the Kolab calendar module. Or maybe they're even listening on
> this list (therefore cc-ing the dev list).

I'm interested!

A couple of years back I really liked your idea for using the imap
server for storage of everything, but imap servers never developed the
necessary searching capabilities to integrate and caldav/carddav is on
the tip of becoming decently well supported (and some clients aren't too
buggy now...)  So, my vote is that DAV looks like it's going to win this...

I like what you are doing with Kolab, but my vote is that it's time to
start looking at DAV.  DAV is a really good fit for your requirements...
(In fact, OwnCloud is potentially a really good fit as the dav server
for Kolab...)

Cheers

Ed W