[RCD] [RCU] RoundCube Calendar

Roy Thompson roy at haematic.org
Fri Feb 22 13:37:50 CET 2013

On 2013-02-22 12:14, Chris Moules wrote:
> On 14/02/13 10:00, Thomas Bruederli wrote:
>> Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:
>>> So when looking through google, I found resources on the stand AGPL
>>> license
>>> client thought that maybe someone is willing to finish on AGPL
>>> license.
>>
>> The calendar module provided by Kolab is under APGL but currently
>> lacks a
>> CalDAV backend. There are plans to add this but the work for that
>> isn't
>> scheduled yet.
>>>
>>> Personally, I am ready to sponsor a programmer, maybe others
>>> willing to help?
>>
>> I could connect you with the programmers who announced their intents
>> to add
>> CalDAV to the Kolab calendar module. Or maybe they're even listening
>> on
>> this list (therefore cc-ing the dev list).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas
>
> Hello,
>
> we at GMS (http://www.gms.lu/ - https://github.com/GMS-SA/)are the
> company Thomas hinted at who are working on CalDAV and CardDAV
> support.
>
> The Calendar support is implemented by extending the Kolab plugin(s).
> CalDAV driver is being implemented for calendar and tasklist plugins.
>
> The CardDAV support is being implemented as a new and independent
> plugin
> as the Kolab addressbook is completely different and does not support
> backend 'drivers'.
>
> Our CalDAV implementation is using the SabreDAV
> (http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/) and the sabre-vobject
> (https://github.com/evert/sabre-vobject) Libraries.
>
> In both cases our target CalDAV/CardDAV server is SOGo
> (http://www.sogo.nu/). Development is trying to stay as RFC complaint
> as
> possible. There are cases, however, where SOGo diverges from the RFC
> or
> the RFCs were published later than features were implemented in SOGo.
> In
> such cases it is planned to have config options for server support so
> that this does not become a SOGo plugin. Our main focus is SOGo as
> this
> is what we are using.
>
> Work is well underway. Most functionality is implemented but there is
> still lots to do before a release is expected. We are not talking
> years
> but probably over 1 month.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

This is great news!

I have been using the caldav calendar plugin from myroundcube, with a
radicale caldav backend.
However, a while back they moved the caldav support into a non-free
"calender_plus" plugin and
I've been wondering what I would do in the future.

Also looking forward to not having to use their plugin manager.

I can understand why they've done this, but it's not for me.

Roy